Pages

HOME Φ WEBSITE ę

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Questionable Hero Review

A Questionable Hero
By Kiki Howell
Publisher:  kNight Romance Publishing
Editors:  Tess Mackall and Kate Richards

Blurb:

Born of a mortal woman but raised in Hell by the demon that sired him, Abdamas is a halfling-proof incarnate of the war between good and evil that exists in each of us. Shaebiel is an angel warrior earning her ultimate salvation in Heaven by fighting demons like Abdamas who are in search of human souls on Earth.

In the heat of a raging battle, Abdamas sees Shaebiel and wants her. When the blade of another demon aims for her, Abdamas is injured while trying to save her. Shaebiel can't believe a demon has rescued her from certain death and takes her questionable hero home with her to heal him.

As they both fight and surrender to their desires, the conflict around them continues, and there is Heaven and Hell to pay for their actions. Through divine intervention they are offered a gift. But Hell is nowhere near finished with either of them, and the stakes are getting higher and higher.

Can a questionable hero sacrifice enough to redeem himself in the eyes of Heaven so that he may claim the love of an angel?


Review:

My rating:  4 out of 5 Hellhounds

A Questionable Hero kept me pulled into the storyline from page one and I read it in one sitting.  It starts in the middle of a battle between angels and demons. Amidst all the clash of supernatural swords, Shaebiel is saved by a half-human/half-demon named Abdamas.  You realize quickly that the battle between good and evil aren’t black and white, there are shades of gray.  My biggest complaint, I would’ve loved to have gotten more back story on Shaebiel and Abdamas.  Ms. Howell touches on their past, but only enough to tease me, leaving me begging for more.  While Ms. Howell did a fantastic job letting us feel Abdamas’s internal struggle, the shortness of the book didn’t allow for more in-depth emotional ties.  But…as a short read, the storyline delivered enough angst to leave a believable impact.  If you like a fast hot read, with a touch of paranormal, and good versus evil thrown into the mix, then I would recommend this book.  I definitely want to read more books by Kiki Howell! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! And the cover is pretty! I'll have to check this out! :)

Kiki Howell - Author said...

Thank you for the wonderful review :)

I still need to find that balance, as I have had this complaint about wanting more on other books as well, between info dumping which drives editors nuts and still including enough details. I have been trying recently to incorporate the information more into dialog. Each review is a worthwhile lesson that helps a writer evolve, so I thank you for taking the time to helps me.

Kiki