I promised to give away 3 items in honor of reaching 300 likes on my Road to Hell series Facebook fan page. And now we’ve reached 350 likes! I’ve already given away the T-Shirt and poster, now it’s time to give away the final item, Pandora’s Box coffee mug. This is truly one of my favorite items and I hope whoever wins it loves it as much as I do!
This contest is very similar to the last contest where I needed a Hellhound name. I’m adding a demon to my storyline in Hell’s Phoenix (Road to Hell series book 2). The demon is female (a main character) and she’s a high-level succubus, but a new succubus breed. She’s one of a kind in the demon world. She can feed through sex, can enthrall men by sampling their blood and she can ingest magical powers. If she consumes too much of another creature’s magical powers, it will kill that creature and make her stronger. I need a name for her demon breed and succubus isn’t enough to alienate her from the other succubi in the book. Demon hierarchies already in the books and not viable names are Skeletal, Neko, Plague, Citadel, Pyxis, Cardinal, and King and Queen of Hell.
I need something that sounds unique, otherworldly, dangerous, feminine, but also kick-ass sounding. Something that when other demons hear it, will make them either flee or bow at her feet, because not only is she royalty, you wouldn’t want to tick her off. What a challenge, huh? lol That’s where YOU come in. I need name suggestions for my succubus demon. Be creative! I will be picky on this name, much picker than I was with the Hellhounds. With her being a main character, it’s gotta be just right or I won’t even consider it as a possibility.
Just as when we named the Hellhound, only ONE entry per person. That means ONE name only! So, make sure you suggest your favorite name, and not 40 possible names. Any additional names will be tossed out immediately and not counted.
I will collect names through noon AM CST, July 22nd. At that time, I will choose my 5 favorite names and those names will be plugged into a poll and YOU will vote for the final name. The winner of the contest will receive the mug and I will mention them on the dedication page of Hell’s Phoenix, just like I did with those who suggested the Hellhound’s name. You'll also have the privilege of bragging to all your friends that YOU came up with the name. =D
1. ONE entry per person.
2. Name suggestions will ONLY be taken here. If they’re posted to either of my facebook pages, or by email, they will not count, unless I’ve agreed to accept them in that form. You must contact me first to request sending it to me in that fashion.
3. Leave your email address or, once again, I will not consider the name. Nothing is more fun than trying to hunt someone down when there isn't an email associated with their blogger I.D. So, please leave an email address where you can be contacted.
4. I have a demon language I’ve created, called Xapil. If you have a name you love, but want to hear what it would sound like in Xapil, then contact me by email and I’ll give it to you. However, it’ll be up to you which name you choose to suggest as the final entry. I reserve the right to alter the name suggested to Xapil in the book, but you will still be given the dedication and bragging rights if I do so.
5. Give me a reason behind the name you pick (if you want). It might make a difference if I pick it as one of the five finalists. A lot of times the meaning of something is why I use it. The human name of the demon King in the book was chosen for its meaning, so I am a “meaning” type of gal.
6. Please ask any questions in the comment section below because chances are if you have questions, someone else has the same question.
7. Most of all BE CREATIVE and have fun!
I can't wait to read your name suggestions!